Soft Pink

Monday, September 19, 2011

The beginning...

I have been doing some genetic testing since my first ultrasound in the end of June due to some concern that the doctor had. My testing hasn't come out the best. My hormones are really low. We went almost two weeks ago for further genetic consult and ultrasound and the news was not good. It is looking like our baby has trisomy 18 (birth defect), which is the worst case. What that means is that our baby is very sick and will most likely not make it. When that will be is up to God. I did an amino the day after the news of the ultrasound and if you don't know what that is, it is where they stick a needle in your belly and take fluid, which was horrible, but it will give us information on what is happening in there and if it for sure is trisomy 18. And give us indiction of what the future holds for our future family. This last Thursday I got my results back and it is positive for trisomy 18. The chance of this happening again in the future is very low, which is some bit of good news. Corey and I are deeply sadden and heartbroken with the news. It seems so unreal.  Please pray for strength, peace and wisdom for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment